The project aims to support the fight against social exclusion among children and youth within disadvantaged communities (including Roma communities) in Mures, Harghita and Covasna counties, through developing the social infrastructure in the field of social inclusion.
The project objectives are:
- To determinate the situation of social exclusion risc of administrative-territorial units in Mures, Harghita and Covasna counties through a multi-dimensional social mapping that will allow obtaining a map of marginalization and a map of existing resources.
- To support the social inclusion of marginalized communities through the creation and coordination of networks in the field of social inclusion (1 regional network and 6 institutional operational networks - 2/counties) which will help improve relations between local authorities, disadvantaged communities, public and private institutions. The selection of 21 marginalized local communities and their involvement in the activities of the institutional operational networks, training in the field of participative planning and exchange experience to meet best practices in the field of social inclusion.
- To increase the capacity of three local authorities with marginalized communities from Mures, Harghita and Covasna focusing on the social inclusion of children and youth and their access to adequate services, by implementing an 8 months long social intervention, including: in-depth analysis of social and economic situation through sociological survey, community and institutional facilitation, development of strategies and plans of action, as well as the creation of a portfolio of integrated projects that will further facilitate access to potential funding sources.
The project’s target group are representatives of institutions, organizations, public or private bodies, professionals that are involved in activities meant to facilitate the social inclusion of marginalized or at risk of marginalization communities. The total number of direct beneficiaries is 340.
- In a primary phase, a number of 21 public local authorities of disadvantaged communities will be selected, based on the information of the multi-dimensional social mapping, their motivation and needs. The representatives of these 15 public local authorities (3 representatives each) will be involved in the activities of the institutional operational networks (tackling common core points, issues and problems, identifying potential solutions), will benefit of a training in the field of participative planning and an exchange experience with the purpose of meet successful initiatives and best practices in the field of social inclusion in Romania.
- A number of 3 public local authorities of disadvantaged communities will benefit from a specific social intervention, consisting of the following measures: in-depth analysis of the social and economic situation by conducting a sociological survey, participative institutional and community facilitation, development of social strategies and action plans, development of an integrated projects’ portfolio that will ease the accessibility to funding opportunities.
Project implementation period is between May 2015 and January 2017.
Total budget of the project is 1.756.996,00 lei, out of which private contribution is 175.699,60 lei.
Project Partners: Babeş-Bolyai University, General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection Mureş, General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection Harghita, General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection Covasna and Caritas Norway.