“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
“The Christian’s programme – the programme of the Good Samaritan, the programme of Jesus – is “a heart which sees”. This heart sees where love is needed and acts accordingly.” (Pope Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est, #31, 2005)
Caritas Alba Iulia applies zero tolerance to any abuse and exploitation.
The safeguarding policy, protecting against all forms of abuse and exploitation is a mandatory rule for:
- all the employees of the organization;
- all the volunteers and collaborators of the organization;
- all service providers and partners of the organization;
- all the beneficiaries of programs and services within the organization.
We take responsibility for protecting all those who are at risk of being abused or exploited in any way: children and their entourage, adults with poor social status, elderly and sick people, people with disabilities, beneficiaries, employees of the organization.
- We carefully analyze the individual and structural risks of abuse and exploitation within the organization, for their prevention, early detection and final elimination;
- We investigate correctly, fairly and in due time all situations that raise the suspicion of violating the code of conduct;
- We are constantly improving the skills of our employees and collaborators to prevent, recognize and actively intervene in event of any suspicion of abuse and exploitation.
The safeguarding policy of Caritas Alba Iulia is based on and in accordance with the teachings of the church, the legislation in force and the protection policy of vulnerable children and adults of Caritas Internationalis.